Thursday, March 29, 2007

Natural Insomnia

Not sleeping, feeling detached and quick/slow random thoughts, all part and parcel of rehearsals for me.

This does feel different though. And although very uncomfortable I'm glad.

It is different because the character thoughts that are a part of an 'Adam Canning' (Someone Who'll Watch Over Me) 'Ray' (Lone Star) are not the same with Nev. Neville seems to struggle to make any other decision apart from the first one. 'Carry on regardless'

You see Adam found out a truth for him and he made a decision on that truth even if that was under extreme duress. That enables release, which in Adams case resonates in his screams and shouts as he trys to pull his chain from the concrete to kill Michael, or break his own ankle. (That's just the way I played it. Well, who wouldn't want to kill Rob Maskell)

We found that Nev is all about what he doesn't do. He doesn't tell Gorden to leave Roy. He doesn't tell Angus that love exists whether you say it or not. It all just sits in his head.

This would suggest that i'm looking to play him with danger behind the eyes. I'm not.

I still don't know how to play him. But today was a golden day.

Of course I can only speak for myself, but just from watching the other guys and taking there offers. We could win this one.

Inspired, tired, nervous and feeling grand.

Friday will hold alot. Discovery time moving towards decision making time. It just gets better and better.

Lyt (Lewisham Youth Theatre) have also added to my passion today. Thankyou.

Is there anything I would change....yeah. My sleeping pattern! But i'm happy to live with it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home