Monday, November 05, 2007

Where have I been?


A friend from the north phoned me today and asked why the blog for Yaller Skunk had ceased. "It hasn't" I replied, "it's just been a while."

I actually do write (more often than not) for company reasons. If we stick to our five year plan, and Yaller is a company to be reckoned with in the future, all these blogs are a good way of keeping tabs on thoughts, feelings and well to be honest where the hell we've been.

Not this time.

No. Now i'm writing because I feel compelled to. I've been having so much fun.

I feel I should begin by explaining the last entry. Paris? It was written the night that England lost in their pool match against South Africa 36-0. Yes I was there. A crap game of rugby. We should have known it was going the wrong way when we discovered only alcohol free beer in the Stade de France! Still being English we kept optimistic.

I suppose we made up for it a week later when we discovered some sort of super lager in a bar near the Parc de Prance. Yep, 1 1/2 pints and I was gone. Si joined me on 2. And I believe Guy was with us both on his 3rd.

We left old iron guts Murugappa to fly the flag for a nation on boozers.

You see recently life has been about friends. Work has been good at the moment, so i've spent a great deal of time at weekends catching up with old (and i mean old) friends.

I'd just like to say thank you.

Lets keep it up, oh and keep in touch. The next set of memories are already waiting for permission to become live and unleashed. So cheers for the champagne. Raise a Peroni for the Journey.

And Guy! No I don't want that extra brandy.

Safe Journey you pair! xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home