Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Fix on the brain.


You know that when people have no money, even the buying of cheap toilet role becomes a breaking the bank saga.

I to can feel the lonely pound coin burning a tennis ball sized hole in my pocket as I contemplate where to stick this last weighty piece of gold.

"Ummm...Some drum sticks."

Now I don't mean waiting until the clock passes into a new day and then popping down the fruit humps to claim the left over chicken drummers that Mr Kebabies is about to throw out for the foxes.

Nope I mean those chewy sweets.

Yep my last pound and I would spend it on a chewy lolly.

Bare with me I'll explain.

I've just spent the weekend with my family and after a very relaxing couple of days I was left to ponder on the goings on of the weekend. Now myself and my sister have always had a very strong and loving relationship. And therefore anyone who comes into contact with her is welcome into the family with welcome arms.

She is now married and this has given me an amazing new set of friends. It occurred to me though that when I was younger I always used to feel older and more responsible for her than today where i definitely find myself feeling more child like.

I live with friends and at present have no young lady in toe, therefore my responsibilities are largely non existent.

I enjoy being the younger brother, I enjoy the role of clownish side show and I enjoy the chewy drum stick!

It's to bad we have to grow up though isn't it.

We were talking about sideways steps in life and getting on through life. And I guess this is what made me think on this years future.

We need to take some very definite steps. I know we have a lot of work coming up, and I'd like to carry it all out with energy and decisive planning, organizing, leading and controlling.

We could be top of our game, people should be saying "Wow there is a new company around and they are really bloody good."

Ideas are great and the gimmicks and clever ideas on a shoe string come as part of that. But you can't have these with out solid foundations.

I'm not talking about stifling creativity i'm talking about becoming Mr Kebabies friend for a little while.

Making some strong and decisive steps forward.

We've got to try, stop playing at being a company and step onto the track.

I wonder if he'll have anything other than chicken!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home