Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Crazy fun people.


Hello,

You know someone said to me recently "What is the point." "Erm..the point of what." I asked him.

He tuts, "Just whats the point!"

I've been thinking about this ever since. I think it's good to think about these thing every now and again.

So what is the point, of living and working towards something etc!

Well take yesterday for example, I started at a point, a point of nothing in particular. my coffee was good, I wrote a few letters to further my career. I went for a walk to stretch my legs. Nice!! But nothing was really going on. If i'd been asked "What you up too." One of our favorite mouth moving brain by pass questions, I'd have answered with an equally non committed raised eye brow, "Not a lot."

Then I went to the 606 club to see a friend sing. As I sat there, enchanted by the live experience, I couldn't help look around the room at the crowd of on lookers, there in support, expectation, enthralled openness to be entertained and to see other like minded people.

The looks on everyones faces were so different. People listening intently, whispering into each others ears. Subconsciously tapping there hands away on the chair next to them as they stretch out the days ordeals. faces of realization, the face of laughter, fun and mischief.

The face giving of a sparkle that comes from someone else's eye, and then effortlessly passes it on. the inquisitive face. The face of a thousand stories. The face trying to go unnoticed. The face of underlining beautiful sadness, and the face unforgiving in it's clear joy.

At which point i smiled to myself. Sure I'd missed mothers day recently, but i can't wait to share this with her. Then the music changed tempo. I looked around again. It was like being in a toy shop. All the faces were changed, as though now i had control of a secret button. I could flick between the two. one stored in the memory, one there in front of me.

I began to blink, slow at first, then a little quicker. Dashing between the picture in my head and the pictures all around the room. Then my eyes fell on her.

She looked straight at me. my heart let of a deep pound. "Thump." Her head began to drift away. But her eyes stayed. She was now facing her friend. Her whisper was at the ready, and still her eyes laid on me, laying down deep into my head like a soft comfortable bed. Then the smile. Then it was over.

I didn't get up and speak to this vision. I should have. I was entrapped by an evening of relentless fulfillment. My cup was over flowing.

I was with friends, a friend was performing, her voice like a the way we want our voices in our heads to sound. So much happening in a small room. So many moments and near moments.

The singing ended. It was late, we all ran to get our tubes home. We got in. I went up stairs, everything was as i'd left it. Computer, desk and paper work. I smiled.

"What's the point." I thought. "The point is the start of the day. The rest of it has had more of curved feel."

MC

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home